Sunday, September 25, 2011

iPad Usage in the Classroom

At first, personally I was very skeptical about using the iPad with my students and inside of my classroom for many reasons; such as what if it gets broken, how can it be done, and how beneficial will it be but most of all I was scared to try something foreign and new. My outlook on the usage of the iPad started to change once I saw my students’ facial expressions and their eagerness to working with this new technology tool. After doing much research, I have found that there are many ways to use the iPad within the classroom such as: loading the iPad with eBooks and then select and assign reading groups, improve student reading fluency and comprehension, improve mathematical skills through repetition, allow students to take quizzes, practice and tutorial of mathematical skills, and have students to listen to read-aloud  books to help with decoding and phonics. Using the iPad within the classroom is very beneficial, it gives students an opportunity to play through learning, helps personalize instruction, address a variety of learning styles, and creates an engaging learning environment. Getting started is not that hard to do. The steps are easy as 1-2-3: 1) download iTunes onto the iPad, 2) create an account 3) download apps that are beneficial to your students. Now the hard part is on you, you now must implement and follow through with the usage of the iPad. If you dedicate a few minutes a day, sit back and watch your students become engaged in learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment