Friday, November 11, 2011

iPad Blog-Week 6

Another week has passed and my students are still working hard. I am enthused that they are still engaged and making improvements in their reading. After seeing the results of their reading benchmarks I conclude that the app that I am using to help improve their reading fluency has produced positive results. Many of my below level readers have made progress in their reading. Even though they are not reading on grade level, gradually improvement are being made. Reading fluency is not the only thing increasing but self-esteem and self-confidence as well. As students make progress in reading, they gain self-confidence and begin to experience the joy of learning. This improved self-esteem often carries over to improved academics and behavior. They are no longer ashamed to read aloud in class, their participation has sparked and when reading tries to decode words by themselves or asks for help. My goal is to continue to utilize the app to uplift and help my students reach success. I do predict that my students will continue to grow both academically and personally.

No comments:

Post a Comment